New Zealand’s reigning WBO light heavyweight world champion Geovana Peres will make the first defence of her title against Canada’s Claire Hafner on Friday, October 4 at SKY CITY in Auckland.
The hard-hitting Canadian is ranked the No. 2 female heavyweight on the planet by respected independent website Boxrec – and will drop down a division to contest the WBO strap.
|Event||Geovana Peres vs Claire Hafner|
|Date||Friday 4 October 2019|
|Venue||Sky City Convention Centre|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
“This is a massive challenge for me but it is one I am 100 per cent ready for,” Peres said. “It was an incredible experience to win a world title but it won’t mean much if I can’t defend it. I’m determined to make sure this fight is just another step on the road to even bigger and better things.”
Peres vs Hafner Fight Card:-
- Geovana Peres vs Claire Hafner – WBO World Female Light Heavy Title
- Lani Daniels vs Tessa Tualevao
- Karen Te Ruki Pasene vs Gentiane Lupi
- Trish Vaka vs Desley Robinson
- Herman Ene Purcell vs Viliamu Motusaga